The The Effect of Transformational Leadership Style and Compensation on Employee Engagement in CV. Semar and CV. Punakawan Semar Bandung

  • Silvia Anggraini Nidya Dudija
  • Nidya Dudija Universitas Telkom, Bandung
Keywords: Transformational Leadership Style, Compensation, Employee Engagement

Abstract

This research was conducted at CV. Semar and CV. Punakawan Semar Bandung which aims to determine the application and influence of transformational leadership styles and compensation for employee engagement on CV. Semar and CV. Punakawan Semar Bandung. The method used in this study is a quantitative method and is descriptive and causal research. The population and sample in this study were the employees of the production of CV. Semar and CV. Punakawan Semar Bandung, amounting to 97 employees and using purposive sampling. Measuring instruments used are validity and reliability tests. Based on the results of data processing, it is known that transformational leadership style and compensation influence partially and simultaneously positively and significantly to employee engagement. Based on the coefficient of determination (R2) it is known that the transformational leadership style and compensation have an effect of 91.0% on employee engagement and the remaining 9% is influenced by other variables. The results of the study are expected to be considered by Semar to increase employee engagement in the company. Leaders are expected to be able to show their participation and be able to give more attention to their employees. Giving compensation to Semar is also expected to be done fairly and properly, and Semar is expected to improve good relations between superiors and subordinates.

References

Bakker, A. B. dan Leiter, M. P. (2010). Work Engagement: A Handbook of Essential Theory and Research. New York: Psychology Press.
Darodjat, T. A. (2015). Konsep-Konsep Dasar Manajemen Personalia - Masa Kini. (Cet.1). Karawang: PT. Refika Aditama.
Hasibuan, M. (2013). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. (Cet. 17). Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Humairoh dan Wardoyo. (2017). Analisis Pengaruh Budaya Organisasi Terhadap Employee Engagement dengan Kepuasan Kerja Sebagai Variabel Intervening (Studi Kasus: Perusahaan Jasa Layanan Pelabuhan). Ultima Management, 9(1), 1-21. DOI: 10.31937/manajemen.v9i1.594.
Kartono. (2017). Personality, Employee Engagement, Emotional Intellegence, Job Burnout Pendekatan dalam Melihat Turnover Intention. (Cet. 1). Yogyakarta: CV. Budi Utama.
Lestari, A. E. (2018). Pengaruh Kompensasi Terhadap Employee Engagement Dimediasi Oleh Kepuasan Kerja pada Karyawan PT. XYZ. Etheses. FE, Manajemen, Universitas Islam Negeri Maulana Malik Ibrahim, Malang. Diambil dari http://etheses.uin-malang.ac.id/14143/.
Mubaroq, R., & Zulkarnaen, W. (2017). Pengaruh Kompensasi Terhadap Motivasi Kerja Karyawan. Jurnal Ilmiah MEA (Manajemen, Ekonomi, & Akuntansi), 1(3), 72-90. https://doi.org/10.31955/mea.vol1.iss3.pp72-90.
Mujiasih, E dan Ratnaningsih, I. Z. (2011). Kepemimpinan Transformasional dan Employee Engagement. Seminar Nasional Peran Psikologi Dalam Boundaryless Organization: Strategi Mempersiapkan SDM Bertalenta. Semarang, 23-24 September 2011. Diambil dari https://eprints.undip.ac.id/41844/.
Mulyadi, D. (2015). Perilaku Organisasi dan Kepemimpinan Pelayanan. Bandung: CV. Alfabeta.
Ritonga, I. L., Manurung, S. S dan Tan, H.(2019). Menciptakan Transformasi Organisasi Melalui Kepemimpinan dan Organisasi Belajar. (Cet. 1). Medan:Yayasan Kita Menulis.
Robbins, S. P dan Judge, T. A. (2015). Perilaku Organisasi. (Ed. 16). Jakarta Selatan: Salemba Empat.
Samsuni. (2017). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jurnal Al-Falah: Jurnal Ilmiah Keislaman dan Kemasyarakatan, 17(1). Diambil dari http://ejurnal.staialfalahbjb.ac.id/index.php/alfalahjikk/article/view/19.
Santoso, Y dan Masman, R. R. (2016). A Practical Guidance to Executive Compensation Management. Jakarta: PT. Alex Media Komputindo.
Sedarmayanti. (2017). Perencanaan dan Pengembangan SDM untuk Meningkatkan Kompetensi, Kinerja, dan Produktifitas Kerja. (Cet. 1). Bandung: PT. Refika Aditama.
Suryadana, M. L. (2015). Pengelolaan SDM Berbasis Kinerja. Bandung: CV. Alfabeta.
Triyono, U. Kepemimpinan Transformasional Dalam Pendidikan (Formal, Non Formal dan Informal). (Cet. 1). Yogyakarta: CV. Budi Utama.
Zulkarnaen, W., & Herlina, R. 2018. Pengaruh Kompensasi Langsung dan Kompensasi Tidak Langsung terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Bagian Staff Operasional PT Pranata Jaya Abadi Banjaran. Jurnal Manajemen, Ekonomi dan Akuntansi, 2(2), 90-114. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31955/jimea.vol2.iss2.pp90-114.
Published
2020-10-25
How to Cite
Anggraini, S., & Dudija, N. (2020). The The Effect of Transformational Leadership Style and Compensation on Employee Engagement in CV. Semar and CV. Punakawan Semar Bandung. Jurnal Ilmiah MEA (Manajemen, Ekonomi, & Akuntansi), 4(3), 1310-1324. https://doi.org/10.31955/mea.vol4.iss3.pp1310-1324