THE EFFECT OF WORKING CAPITAL, SOLVABILITY AND LIQUIDITY ON PROFITABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORTATION, AND UTILITY

  • Desi May Sari Nainggolan Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan
  • Christine Nathalia Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan
  • Hestia Amalia Br Tarigan Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan
  • Peronika Siburian Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan
  • Jholant Bringg Luck Amelia Br Sinaga Universitas Prima Indonesia, Medan

Abstract

This study aims to determine the effect of working capital, solvency and liquidity partially or simultaneously significantly influence the profitability of infrastructure, transportation and utility companies listed on the Indonesia stock exchange period 2015-2017. The method used in this research is a quantitative approach, the type of descriptive research, the nature of explanatory research, with documentation data collection techniques, the type of data used is secondary data.  The population used was 38 companies and a sample of 57. The classic assumption tests used were the normality test, the multicollinearity test, the autocorrelation test, the heteroscedasticity test.  The coefficient of determination test results indicate working capital,solvency and liquidity to profitability of 16.5% while the remaining 83.5% other variables examined by this study, such as debt to equity ratio, quick ratio and other ratios.  Where working capital in this study calculations using net working capital (net workingcapital), solvency calculations using debt to assets ratio, liquidity calculations using currentratios, and profitability calculations using return of assets. The research results partially working capital affect profitability. The results of the study partially working capital affect profitability, solvency partially does not affect profitability, and partial liquidity does not affect profitability. 

References

Andriyani, Y., & Zulkarnaen, W. (2017). Pengaruh Kualitas Produk Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Mobil Toyota Yaris Di Wijaya Toyota Dago Bandung. Jurnal Ilmiah MEA (Manajemen, Ekonomi, & Akuntansi), 1(2), 80-103. https://doi.org/10.31955/mea.vol1.iss2.pp80-103.
Ghozali, Imam.2009. Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate Dengan Program IBM SPSS 21. Cetakan Keempat. Semarang: Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
Hery. 2016. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Jakarta:Penerbit PT. Gramedia Widiasarana Indonesia.
Kasmir. 2012. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Cetakan Kelima.Jakarta: Penerbit Raja Grafindo Persada.
Munawir. 2007. Analisa Laporan Keuangan. Cetakan ke Empat Belas, Edisi ke 4, Yogyakarta: Liberty Yogyakarta. Novi, Sagita Ambarawati. (2015). “Pengaruh Medal Kerja, Likuiditas,
Aktivitas, dan Ukuran Perusahaan terhadap Profitabilitas pada Perusahaan Manufaktur yang Terdaftar di BEI periode 2009-2013”.E-Jurnal Akuntansi, Universitas Ganesha. Vol 3, No 1.
Raharjaputra, Hendra. 2009. Manajemen Keuangan dan Akuntansi. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Sefty, Setyafani Sansasilia. 2015. “Pengaruh Likuiditas dan Solvabilitas Terhadap Profitabilitas Pada Perusahaan Perbankan.” Jurnal Ilmu dan Riset Manajemen Vol 4, No 6.
Subramanyam, K.R & John J.Wild, 2010. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Edisi Kesepuluh. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Jumingan. 2014. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Cetakan Kelima. Jakarta: Penerbit Bumi Aksara.
Sugiyono. 2014. Metode Penelitian Bisnis, Bandung: Penerbit Alfabeta.
Sjahrial, Dermawan. 2013. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Jakarta: Penerbit Mitra Wacana Media.
Sumarsan, Thomas. 2013. Sistem Pengendian Manajemen. Jakarta: Penerbit PT Indeks.
Sutopo, Bramastyo Kusumo Negoro. 2015. “Pengaruh Modal Kerja,
Likuiditas, dan Solvabilitas terhadap Profitabilitas Pada Perusahaan AGRO Di BEI.” E-Manajemen Branchmarck. Vol 1, No 2.
Syamsuddin, Lukman. 2013.Manajemen Keuangan Perusahaan. Cetakan Keduabelas. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
Virghina, Ristanti. 2015. “Pengaruh Likuiditas dan Efisiensi Modal Kerja Terhadap Profitabilitas Perusahaan Food and Beverages yang Terdaftar di BEI Periode 2011-2013.” Jurnal Administrasi Bisnis. Vol 25, No 1.
Zulganef. 2013. Metode Penelitian Sosial & Bisnis, Cetakan kedua, Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
www.idx.co.id.
Published
2020-09-24
How to Cite
Nainggolan, D., Nathalia, C., Tarigan, H., Siburian, P., & Sinaga, J. (2020). THE EFFECT OF WORKING CAPITAL, SOLVABILITY AND LIQUIDITY ON PROFITABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORTATION, AND UTILITY. Jurnal Ilmiah MEA (Manajemen, Ekonomi, & Akuntansi), 4(3), 824-839. https://doi.org/10.31955/mea.vol4.iss3.pp824-839