Pengaruh Jam Kerja Yang Panjang Dan Gaya Kepemimpinan Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Pada PT Telkom Witel Bandung

  • Ni Made Wili Candera Dewi Telkom University
  • Muhammad Yahya Arwiyah Universitas Telkom, Bandung

Abstract

Human resources are a reference for the company in achieving company or organizational goals. One way that companies can do to be able to manage and improve the quality of performance and human resources is to pay attention to employee work hours and leadership styles adopted by leaders in the company. Work duration and leadership style are among the factors that influence employee performance. This study aims to determine the effect of long working hours and leadership styles on employee performance at PT Telkom Witel Bandung.

In this study the method used is a quantitative method with the type of descriptive research. The sample used was 56 employees of PT Telkom Witel Bandung using the Probability Sampling technique with sampling using the Simple Random Sampling technique. Based on the results of the study showed that the variable length of work hours (X1) and leadership style variables (X2) simultaneously had a positive and significant effect on the performance variable (Y). These results indicate that long working hours and leadership styles have an effect of 57.6% on employee performance. Meanwhile, the remaining 42.4% is influenced by other factors not examined in this study.

Suggestions for PT Telkom Witel Bandung companies should pay more attention to whether the set daily targets can be completed with normal working hours owned by employees or not, because if employees work too often above normal working hours will result in additional or waste of costs, such as the addition of electricity costs because employees use computers and other company facilities to work late at night. Leaders are also expected to be able to maintain the nature of leadership, which has been able to apply the dimensions of democratic leadership style.

References

Darmawan, Deni. (2013). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya Offset.
Fahmi, Irham. (2016). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Teori dan Aplikasi. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Marfuah dan Ruzikna. (2015). Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan Demokratis Terhadap Loyalitas Karyawan (Studi Kasus Hotel Olgaria Pekanbaru). Pekanbaru: Universitas Riau.
Mulyadi, Deddy. (2015). Perilaku Organisas dan Kepemimpinan Pelayanan. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Napitulu, Pamela. (2016). Pengaruh Jam Kerja dan Jaminan Keselamatan dan Kesehatan Kerja Terhadap Stres Kerja Karyawan pada PT Karya Tanah Subur Medan. Skripsi pada Universitas Sumatera Utara Medan.
Priansa, Doni Juni. (2017). Perilaku Organisasi Bisnis. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Zulkarnaen, W., Sasangka, I., Sukirman, D., Yuniati, & Rahadian, F. (2020). Harmonization of sharia rules in effort copyright protection in Indonesia. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 12(2), 2612–2616. https://doi.org/10.5373/JARDCS/V12I2/S20201311
Published
2020-09-14
How to Cite
Dewi, N. M., & Arwiyah, M. (2020). Pengaruh Jam Kerja Yang Panjang Dan Gaya Kepemimpinan Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Pada PT Telkom Witel Bandung. Jurnal Ilmiah MEA (Manajemen, Ekonomi, & Akuntansi), 4(3), 508-515. https://doi.org/10.31955/mea.vol4.iss3.pp508-515